Oh, yeah–it’s that time of year again…the time when all parents start gritting their teeth and white-knuckling their way through their child’s graduation! Nowadays, it’s not just the high school and college graduations that are celebrated in a great big way; middle-school, elementary-school and even pre-school graduations are important rites of passage!
No need to stress, though, there’s a plethora of things you can do to make your child’s graduation run as stress-free as a fruit smoothie! Party Fiesta Balloon Decor is here to assist with some helpful do’s and don’ts to make The Big Event as happy a day for you as it is for the kids!
* KEEP COOL! Many big ceremonies take place in outdoor amphitheaters or sports fields, so if you plan to camp out for that front-row seat, be as prepared as a Boy Scout! Each attendee should pack a small survival kit (small–as in, many places either discourage or outright ban large coolers at grad events) containing enough water to remain hydrated throughout the day and plenty of healthy, energy-packed snacks (fresh fruit, energy bars, cheese–whatever will survive the day without spoiling or melting).
* KEEP COVERED! The blistering sun does not care that your child is graduating–it has its own job to do. So, there are several “musts” to surviving any outdoor grad ceremony: a baseball cap or very small straw hat (nothing so extravagant that it impedes another’s view!); a sturdy paper fan; sunscreen applied liberally to all exposed areas (and even the areas you think aren’t attacked by the sun–like scalps, between toe and fingers); a light jacket for when the nip of the night air sets in; and a plastic poncho if rain is predicted (umbrellas make for unhappy neighbors seated behind you!).
* KEEP COMFY! There may be some hiking involved to reach the grad site, so be sure to wear your most comfortable shoes–nothing says “grad nightmare” like a nasty blister! Loose-fitting clothes are essential, too, for staying cool, calm and collected! And what about your bottom? Sitting for extended periods of time can wreak havoc on your posture and posterior, so a comfy cushion will hit the spot! (Your butt will thank you for it!)
* KEEP YOURSELF AMUSED! As wonderful as grad events can be, they can also be tedious while waiting for the big moment your baby’s name is called, so pack to alleviate boredom! Your fully-charged camera (with extra batteries, if needed) is an absolute must! Music devices and game players with extra batteries will help pass the time. Your fully-charged cell phone will be vital to staying in touch with others in your party. And what about a deck of cards or that book you’ve been meaning to get to for the longest time?!
* KEEP IT CLEAN! Be sure to pack napkins and a small box of wet wipes for those unexpected clean-ups, as well as plenty of tissues for what is guaranteed to be an emotional day! Be thoughtful–pack a couple of empty garbage bags that won’t be empty for long, once your personal trash starts piling up!
* KEEP IT KIND!
If any elderly or disabled members of your party will be in attendance, minimize the strain on them by calling the school ahead of time to find out what kind of accommodations will be made for those in wheelchairs or with walkers and canes. Generally, rides will be available to those who would not, otherwise, be able to walk a long or cumbersome distance.
* KEEP IT QUIET! Those around you probably won’t want to hear the noise coming from YOUR radio or boombox, so earphones will be a blessing! After all, everyone wants to hear THEIR grad’s name being called!
* KEEP IT KID-LESS! Don’t bring the kiddies, if you can avoid it. Small children will find the waiting absolutely agonizing, so if arrangements can be made for a sitter, they’ll have a lot more fun at home, and you’ll be able to focus better on the task at hand!
* KEEP TO YOUR SCHEDULE! Don’t be too late! A little planning goes a long way at graduations, so keep track of your time to avoid being late (unless your goal actually IS to sit in the very back row)!
* KEEP AHEAD OF THE CROWDS! Don’t forget to plan an exit strategy. If it’s feasible, making your way out before the very end of the ceremony might give you an edge on the shoving-and-pushing crowds! Don’t forget to assign a designated “meeting-up” spot after the ceremony ends so that no one gets lost and no one has to stress over anyone’s whereabouts! “Did we lose Aunt Matilda?” “Where on earth is Grandpa?!” Plan ahead, and no one in your party will be MIA! Why lose time tracking down errant friends and relatives when you have a party to get to?!
* KEEP IT COLORFUL! Whatever you do, don’t forget the balloons! It wouldn’t be a graduation without colorful, festive balloons, especially the brilliant balloons you’ve come to expect from Party Fiesta Balloon Decor! It’s become a tradition to bring bright bouquets to the ceremony (being cautious not to block anyone’s view with them, though) to let your grads know how much you love them! Also, Party Fiesta designs the most amazing balloon decor that’s just perfect for your post-grad party! Imagine an arch with your child’s school colors welcoming guests at your front door or stretching over your pool for some backyard grad magic?!
* KEEP IT HAPPY! Party Fiesta Balloon Decor can make all of your graduation dreams come true! It’s easy and affordable! Let Party Fiesta do all of the work so you can have all of the fun! Call (408) 292-6000 today!