In honor of July being National Ice Cream Month (thank you, President Ronald Reagan, for that delectable piece of legislation!), Party Fiesta Balloon Decor celebrates the incredible edible ice cream with some unusual facts that will amaze you…and send you running to the nearest ice-cream parlor!
* According to legend, Roman Emperor Nero was known to send his slaves on an ice-cream run! Well, kind of…they went to the mountains and fetched ice and snow that was blended with fruits to create a delicious precursor to today’s modern delight!
* The Guinness Book of World Records reports that the biggest ice-cream sandwich ever created weighed a whopping 2,500 pounds! And the most humongous ice-cream sundae ever built tipped the scales at 55,00 pounds! That must have been one heck of a huge cherry on top!
* Just ask any cow–because only a dairy professional would know it takes 12 pounds of milk to make just one gallon of ice cream!
* It seems most of us Americans exert very little self-restraint when it comes to consuming ice cream, because the national average indicates each one of us polishes off approximately 48 pints of ice cream per year!
* No shocker here: Vanilla may be, well, a tad “vanilla,” but it has the last laugh, because the beautiful beige stuff is the #1 most popular ice-cream flavor, followed not-too-closely behind by chocolate! Rounding out the top five flavors are strawberry, cookies & cream and chocolate chip mint!
* So, just how many licks DOES it take to polish off ice cream? According to the people who check out such things (talk about loving your job!), it takes approximately 50 licks to eat your way through a single-scoop ice-cream cone! 50 fabulous licks–one sensational treat!
Party Fiesta Balloon Decor has more than a few ice-cream lovers on staff and really know how to create the sweetest treats out of balloons! One of their most popular and awesome designs is the Candyland theme they dreamed up, where the pathway to the party is a welcoming parade of ice-cream cones, lollipops and other sugary delights! How fun is that?!
For all of the info you need on planning the party of your dreams, just call Party Fiesta Balloon Decor–THE premier balloon designers in Silicon Valley!–at (408) 292-6000 or visit their super-fun showroom located at 999 Lincoln Avenue in San Jose, California to see what kind of balloon magic Tony and Rolando can create for you!