If chocolate bunnies make you drool, and marshmallow Peeps rock your world, then you’ll want to know everything about the great American pastime of chopping down on Easter candy! And what confectionery delights Easter brings!
15 FAST & FUN EASTER CANDY FACTS!
1) 76% of chocolate-bunny lovers bite the ears first, followed by 5% who eat the feet first and 4% who eat the tail first! So, statistically-speaking, what happened to the remaining 15% of people? They expressed no preference. (Good–more chocolate for us!)
2) 700 million marshmallow chick and bunny Peeps pop up every year–and not just for Easter anymore, either!
3) 65% of adults prefer milk chocolate, compared to the 27% who favor dark chocolate!
4) 86% of Easter fans would rather have a chocolate bunny than a live rabbit!
5) To keep up with the demand on Easter, five million marshmallow chicks and bunnies are born every day!
6) What would Easter be without that rainbow of jelly beans we love so much?! Sixteen billion jelly beans are made every year–enough to fill a plastic Easter egg the size of a nine-story building!
7) Which color jelly bean is kids’ favorite? Ravishing red, of course!
8) Great news for parents: Three out of every four kids will perform extra chores around the house in exchange for extra Easter candy! (Good–send them over–there are PLENTY of dirty dishes and windows to go around!).
9) 57% of kiddies get up extra early on Easter morning to see what the Easter Bunny left for them and to embark on the ever-popular, ever-“eggs”-citing egg hunt!
10) The most famous Easter egg hunt–the egg roll on the White House lawn–has been a presidential holiday tradition since 1878!
11) 80% of parents create yummy treat-filled Easter baskets for their kids (pity the children of the other 20%, huh?!), compared to 90% of adults who wish they would receive an Easter candy basket!
12) The origin of chocolate Easter eggs dates back to Germany in the 1800s!
13) The #1 favorite Easter treat is solid-chocolate bunnies; #2 is hollow-chocolate bunnies; #3 is marshmallow-filled bunnies!
14) Pretzels were once a very important part of the Easter feast because their twisted tastiness was reminiscent of arms being folded in prayer!
15) Easter is the #2 candy-consuming holiday (coming in second only to the mighty Halloween)!