As you’re counting down to all of the midnight magic this New Year’s Eve, whatever you do, don’t
forget the balloons! Balloons add that festive “lift” to every New Year’s celebration, and, to borrow a slogan from Hallmark, balloons tell your friends and family that you care enough to give them the very best! It just wouldn’t be New Year’s Eve without balloons!
Christmas just might prove to be a money pit this year, draining you of your energy and your wallet of its contents. But you might be surprised to discover how affordable balloons are for your holiday events!
So, instead of just watching the ball drop in Times Square, have your own balloon drop! “The smiles on people’s faces as balloons drop down on them is fun to see,” laughs Tony Sellars, co-owner of Party Fiesta Balloon Decor, the premier balloon decorators in San Jose, California. “Even a small-sized balloon drop covers a lot of territory in a party room, making a huge statement.
“Party Fiesta offers balloon drops for New Year’s Eve in three sizes, depending on your particular needs and budget,” Tony continues. “Even if a balloon drop is the only decor you choose for your New Year’s Eve event, your money will be well spent. Nothing says ‘New Year’s’ like a balloon drop!”
And speaking of the famous ball that drops in Times Square, did you know the very first ball-dropping event there occurred in 1907? It has been a must-see on New Year’s Eve ever since–except for 1942 and 1943, when New York City was restricted from dropping the ball due to, as you might have guessed, World War II. Fron 1981-1988, an “apple” was dropped in honor of New York City’s famed nickname, The Big Apple! Nowadays, the “ball” that drops is a Waterford crystal gem, measuring 12-feet in diameter and weighing a whopping 11,875 pounds!
More New Year’s Eve Fun Facts!
* New Year’s Eve is the busiest day of the year at both Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland in California!
* It was once believed that if the first visitor on New Year’s Day is a tall, dark-haired man, you will be blessed with good luck all year! (Women of the world, you may breathe a sigh of relief!)
* Making New Year’s resolutions dates back to the time of the ancient Babylonians (2000 BC), who started off every new year by vowing to return their neighbors’ farm equipment, and to the ancient Romans, who wished to purge themselves of their excesses and indulgences!
* The #1 resolution made by Americans is…to lose weight!
* In ancient times, the New Year was welcomed by the sound of noisemakers intended to scare away evil spirits!
* There were several New Year’s Eve good-luck superstitions of old: Eating back-eyed peas on the last night of the year; eating 12 grapes to guarantee good fortune every month of the new year; wearing something new and red to bring prosperity; and choosing wisely upon whom to bestow that special kiss at midnight to find everlasting love!
Whatever you’re hoping for in the coming year, Party Fiesta Balloon Decor can help you ring in 2012 with an eye-popping assortment of foil specialty balloons and a rainbow of latex balloons! You can choose to have hundreds of brilliant balloons dangling from the ceiling or dropping from the ceiling; you can choose bright bouquets or elegant table centerpieces; you can choose columns or arches. But whatever you do, by all means, choose balloons! Your New Year’s Eve party just won’t be the same without party balloons!
For great ideas on ringing in the New Year with fantastic balloons–and great prices!–visit Party Fiesta’s website: www.partyfiestadecor.com, call (408) 292-6000 or drop by their showroom, located at 999 Lincoln Avenue in San Jose, California.